1. Saffron Cream Sauce with Locally Caught Fish, Clams and Mussels
150 grams red snapper, fillet
50 grams manila clams
50 grams mussels
1 tbsp. high quality Olive oil
1 tsp. garlic
1/2 cup tomato sauce or tomato concasse
2 tbsp. white wine
1/2 tsp. salt
pinch of pepper
.05 gram Saffron
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 tsps. butter
Italian parsley for garnish, roughly chopped
1. Season the fillet snapper with olive oil, salt and pepper and pan sear on a hot non stick pan until skin is golden, about 2 minutes.
2. Remove the fish and saute the garlic, add the clams and mussels and deglaze with white wine.
3. Remove the Clams and mussels, Add the tomato sauce and Chicken stock or water (1/4 cup). Reduce until half.
4. Add the Cream and saffron then simmer for 2 minutes until thick, season with salt and pepper.
5. Put the fish, clams and mussels back on the pan and lightly coat with the sauce, finish with butter, garnish with Italian parsley and serve immediately.